Friday, March 4, 2011

Negative Logos


My first logo was a logo that describes me. Whenever I have free time I enjoy going golfing even though I am an amateur. This logo shows how I like golf because you can see my initials on a golf ball. In the logo I used negative space with the J making it a golf bag, and had golf clubs sticking out on the top. The hardest part about this logo for me was creating something that looked like a golf ball. The first few attempts where not so successful. Also finding a font that created the J the way I needed it for the golf bag was hard to find.
My second logo is for a company called Bauer that makes hockey equipment. I wanted to make a new logo for the company because their original logo is boring and plain. I wanted to make it more interesting with more meaning. I used negative space in the logo a few ways. The first thing was the B in the logo. I made it so that hockey skates would be in the B. This is because one of the companies main focuses is their hockey skates. The other use of negative space was the 1 in the letter R. This is there because they are the number one selling company in the hockey world, creating the best gear for players. The hardest part of this logo was coming up with some way to manipulate the companies name. Also it was very hard to make the skates in the letter B, which where free hand drawn in illustrator. 
I enjoyed this project, and really enjoyed looking up all the negative space logos that we see everyday but don't notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment